B. Hughes & Son's Funeral Directors (I.A.F.D)
Main Street, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
Phone/Fax: 042-9740463 - Mobiles: 086-8282928 / 087-2397601
ADVANCED FUNERAL PLANNING
It is becoming quite common for individuals to plan for their funeral for the purpose of ensuring their wishes are carried out and to minimise the stress on those left behind in terms of managing the funeral arrangements.
If you would like to discuss Advanced Funeral Planning with us in strictest confidence we will meet with you at the location of your choice to talk through your wishes, to advise and assist in whatever way we can.
We will arrange to draw up the details of your wishes for your approval and to have them forwarded to your executor/solicitor for the purpose of ensuring your specified wishes are carried out.
THE COST OF A FUNERAL
The cost of a funeral is made up of two charges:
- Charges by the Funeral Director, to include the coffin, the removal of the deceased, the embalming of the body, and our professional fee for the arrangement and co-ordination of the funeral.
- Disbursements paid out by us on your behalf to include grave purchase, grave opening and closing, cremation fees, newspapers, radio stations, organist, soloist, church offerings and gratuities.
The cost of each funeral will vary depending on the funeral chosen. We will provide you with an estimate of the cost based on your wishes.
Demand for cremation has grown significantly in Ireland in recent times. In many respects it is exactly the same as the more traditional funeral rite, however there are some important and practical differences. When the funeral cortege arrives at the crematorium chapel, there can be a short committal ceremony following which the coffin is transferred to the cremator. The remains (ashes) are later placed in an urn for disposal. The options for disposal are:-
- Private Disposal
- Interment or scattering at a garden of remembrance
- Interment in a columbarium wall
We will arrange and advise you on all the necessary documentation necessary in relation to the cremation.
As professional members of the Irish Association of Funeral Directors, we are fully equipped to manage all aspects of repatriation including:-
- Obtaining the necessary documentation in the locality
- Presenting the documentation to procure permits for the destination country
- Preparing the body for shipment
- Completing all travel arrangements
- Advising on the costs involved
BEREAVEMENT GRANT / OTHER ASSISTANCE
A Widowed Parent Grant may also be payable if you are widowed with dependent children.
An Exceptional Needs Payment, administered by the Health Boards on behalf of the Department of Social and Family Affairs, may be available to give financial assistance if you do not have adequate means to pay for the funeral.
In addition to ensuring a professional and dignified funeral service we are here to support the bereaved family with information on other resources covering areas such as:-
- Support organisations
- Support websites
- Leaflets and booklets on grief, support and self care